Eddy 1406 Questions

-

straightlinespeed

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Reaction score
Trying to remove the lean bog from my car I wanted to look at how the butterflies looked and were the T-slot was set. So I pulled the carb and noticed that I have an exceptional amount of T-slot showing. So I readjusted and put the carb back on. I started the car and it barely idled now and was around 400rpm.

So my question is.. Do Eddy carbs have to have the T-port sync like Holley carbs? Is there another adjustment on the secondaries to help compensate for the idle? Or is that only a Holley thing?

On Carter/Eddie carbs, no provision to idle up the secondaries. Is static/ initial timing set correctly? Have a PCV connected? You can drill small holes in the butterfly valves to get higher idle and still keep Idle mixture screws functional.

I can't get mine to idle at the right rpm when syncing the tport to a small square.

Ditto

On Carter/Eddie carbs, no provision to idle up the secondaries. Is static/ initial timing set correctly? Have a PCV connected? You can drill small holes in the butterfly valves to get higher idle and still keep Idle mixture screws functional.

Timing was chosen when the engine was on the dyno for break in. 18 initial and 34 total. I've since switched carbs and been working with this one. I am running a PCV. The idle mixture screws do have some affect on the rpm but the car will just chug along even with them closed (one at a time). I assume I should have the t-slot squared off properly correct? Then like you stated drill small holes in the butterflies? Also by small are we talking 1/16" and maybe a couple or just one hole in each primary butterfly and increase the hole size for desired idle??

Thanks, Although that article refers to setting up Holley carb, but I understand it was about drilling holes in the blades.

For ***** and giggles I called Edelbrock and talked to there carb guy. He said if I have the timing set properly and the idle set to where I want it the mixture screws should kill the car almost right away.. Not even close, and I told him that. He told me to reset the idle to 1.25 turns out. Well that throws off that transfer slot and the car barely misses a beat when adjusting the mixture screws. I told him that also and he didnt know what to say..

Last edited:
-
Back