Eddy heads and what else !!

-

AJ71DUSTER

Reaction score
I'm going to pull the heads off my 408,I bought the set of RPM heads new they have about 6K on them now. I need to pull them off to have two intake bolt holes fixed, (stripped out) i will have them re-surfaced and tanked. what else would you have done while there off and it's frick'in cold out!!!
Set up

zero deck 408 9.5:1
Air gap intake
Stock rockers and shafts
comp cam XE295HL
3000 stall
3:91 gears
71 duster

Ideas welcome
Thanks AJ

First of all, why are you pulling the heads? Their just going to put heli coils in your aluminumm heads, that can be done with them installed!
My next question is why not have the heads checked for flatness if you must remove them, dont just automaticly have them resurfaced, you start cutting you heads you may have to have the intake cut as well, it snow balls.
At bare minimum if you remove the heads, replace the valve seals.
My 2 cents
Good luck

How did the holes strip? Was there an issue with the intake bolts starting or you just leaned too hard on them?

If you have them off, I'd suggest having them cut to reduce the chambers to 58ccs and get it to at least 10.5:1. Don't forget the intake sides so it fits correctly. Have the valve job fixed and if it hasnt been done. Have them test a few valve springs for pressures. Gasket match the intake port and shap the pushrod pinch, and gasket match the intake. That's what I'd do.

take a look at the ports, and double check the seat pressure on the springs...if they were anything like mine, i had to spend $600 to get them usable right out of the box, eddy refused to do anything, or even exchange them.

search, i made a post about it with pictures.

take a look at the ports, and double check the seat pressure on the springs...if they were anything like mine, i had to spend $600 to get them usable right out of the box, eddy refused to do anything, or even exchange them.

search, i made a post about it with pictures.

i cant find the thread, i think it's gone...

i'd like to see the pics.

Thanks for the input, would like to see pictures if possible from 604 racing,i think that i need to increase the compression due to the cam I'm using from what i underdtand my current comp is at the low end of cam requirements.

-
Back