Eddy Pro Flo 2 EFI

-

Rudy`s Ride

Reaction score
Is anybody running a Edelbrock 35260 Pro Flo 2 Efi on their small block. I am thinking about one for my 70 340 4spd. Duster.
Just wanting to here the pros and cons of this system. It looks very complete and I think I like that it comes with a distributor to match the system.
I think that you have to tune with a laptop and I don`t have any experence with that.
Thanks

I just bought the system for my 440. Looks pretty complete. You'll have to figure out a throttle cable and kick down for automatic, also a air cleaner. I let you know how well it goes once I get it going.

Attachments

• IMG_2646.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_2647.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 270
That looks real sweet. The small block system has a throttle body in the carb position so I don`t think it will be much of a problem with air cleaner and linkage.
Good luck getting it finished up, I will be very interested on how it is tuning.

I got my system installed and running. Install went extremely smooth. Edelbrock put a nice kit together. I had to figure out the throttle cable and kick down. I ended up buying 2 go cart throttle cables and modifying them to fit. That worked like a charm. I don't think I'm getting full throttle opening, so I'll have to spend some time figuring out the pedal mechanism. For the fuel tank sending unit I bought a unit with a return port in it. The only other issue I had was finding and fitting up an air cleaner.
I had two self inflicted wounds during the install; the first was measure three time and cut once. I did not do this and used a 1-1/2" conduit knock out punch to put the 1-1/2" hole in my firewall for the wire loom. I ended up with a 2" hole and a sour stomach - stupid stupid stupid! Oh well, I had to find a grommet to take care of the large hole until I redo the car. The other could have turned out far worse, I had some repair work on the floor that I should have been more cautious with. I welded a patch over one of my fuellines. I caught it before any real damage, but it weakened the fuel line to the point of rupture on the fifth start. I had to replace some of the line. Thank God I didn't end up with an insurance claim.
I went through the instructions and made sure everything was ready for first fire. That 440 roared to life on the first attempt and ran like a champ. I would recommend the kit to anyone. Edelbrock did a nice job putting this together.
Andy

Attachments

• IMG_2780.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_2781.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 234
-
Back