Edelbrock 1405 needle and seat

-

canadian duster

Reaction score
Hi all. Looking for opinions on if the needle and seat in a eddy 1405 carb can cause lean conditions at 1/4 to 3/4 throttle? It takes upwards of a week for me to get parts and I want to get ahead of the game rather than chasing parts every 2 days.

Currently car starts good idles good (once warm) and cruises quite nice if you stay under 1800 rpm. After that detonation.

I won't put all info into this thread as I have one in forced induction, but I'm curious if the needles and seats can play that big of factor. That was the edelbrock tech advice was to go with bigger needles and seats. I think it my jets and rods.

jets and rods determine fuel enrichment through the RPM's, needle and seat only fill the carb, like a ball **** in a toilet. If your running boost, you should run the largest needle seats you can. If you have a spare pair of rods, you can start filing them (keep bottom the same) and trying them. A little goes a long way. Also with jets, if you go bigger, the entire range gets richer.

jets and rods determine fuel enrichment through the RPM's, needle and seat only fill the carb, like a ball **** in a toilet. If your running boost, you should run the largest needle seats you can. If you have a spare pair of rods, you can start filing them (keep bottom the same) and trying them. A little goes a long way. Also with jets, if you go bigger, the entire range gets richer.

Agreed.
If it is really leaning out at mid throttle the mid area of the needles needs to be smaller.
Of course it could also/or need heavier needle springs to let the needles come up out of the jets farther/faster.

-
Back