edelbrock 750

-

green1

Reaction score
The owner gave up, I did too, after 2 rebuilt ones. Brand new 1411 or whatever; 1407 with electric choke.

A tuning kit costs $50. It is one ounce of bs. You can't tune off of this, can get close. Now try to get it right- $$$$$$$

I really like the carb, easy to adjust, but they rape you for the parts. Customer service(we all know that they don't even own a car).

For that $, buy a bag-load of holley parts, and back to that.

agreed. every edelcrock i have bought, including new ones, 1405,1406,1407 , will not hold a tune. every avs afb i have had in the past has been a kick *** carb. i dont know what happen but i have about 8 performers and i have maybe 2 that will actually run and the jet and metering rod kits are a joke.i bought a greasy used holley 1850 600 cfm off craigs with a sh*tpot of extra carbs and pieces and parts for 100 bucks and all i did was bolt that pig on and WOOOW that thing threw me back in my seat and idles like a champ. and i have enough parts for 3 more...........(see below) JUNK

Attachments

• carb1.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 180
agreed. every edelcrock i have bought, including new ones, 1405,1406,1407 , will not hold a tune. every avs afb i have had in the past has been a kick *** carb. i dont know what happen but i have about 8 performers and i have maybe 2 that will actually run and the jet and metering rod kits are a joke.i bought a greasy used holley 1850 600 cfm off craigs with a sh*tpot of extra carbs and pieces and parts for 100 bucks and all i did was bolt that pig on and WOOOW that thing threw me back in my seat and idles like a champ. and i have enough parts for 3 more...........(see below) JUNK

Everything you said except replace name Edelbrock with the name Holley.

the holleys have given me the performance and reliability that the edelbrocks have never given me.but my carb of choice will always be a carter avs.it seems the performers have inherit problems that i havent been able to fix regardless of how i tune it .the holleys work for me and my applications and IMO edelbrocks are crap.

I tend to think it's all in the tuner as I have seen all of them perform well. I cannot stand the Eddy carbs but I can make them run well.

750's seem to have issues. 600/626 \'s tend to work better per alot of posted history on these. I had a crusty 25 year old carter 600, bolted it on and it started right up. try that with a holley.

Personally, I think a lot of the problems with the 750 are the people who choose them. The primaries are pretty big. You gotta have some motor to use them. That's why you always read about choosing a smaller carburetor being better. The smaller carburetor will always outperform one that's too big because of the better vacuum signal and responsiveness.

-
Back