edelbrock acc pump adjustment?

-

pjc360

Reaction score
i should know this but i forgot lol, i am trying to figure out what hole the linkage to the acclerator pump needs to go in to richin the pump shot. right now its in the middle hole and i wanna say the bottom hole is the one that increases the pump shot if my memory serves me correct?
Anyways i have a light stumble/hesitation off an idle mainly when its cold, so im thinking increasing the pump shot may take care of it and if not at least help...

its been a while since i read my manual but i beleive you move it to the top hole.

i still have my owners manual but it does not specify wich hole to put the linkage thru to increase the pump shot.... it just says for richer pump shot place linkage in the hole closest to the carb body.... thats whay i was thinking it was the bottom hole? but they could be refering the body as the top part that you pull off to get to the jets? i just dont know lol and i should.

360 duster has it right. The arm movement is also stated in how much it should move in inch's. Re bend the linkage to correct it. A pump cluster is next. Sold in a 3 pack, 2 of which are larger than what came stock. Use as little as you can to cover the dead spot.

im thinking a richer pump shot will take care of it, cause like i said its a really small stumble and it mainly happens when its cold but when its fully warmed up and you hit the gas a little too fast it has a slight hesitation. so im hoping increasing the pump shot will eliminate it? so if its the top hole, tommarrow i will put the accelerator pump linkage in the top hole, and i'll report back, thanks guys.

-
Back