Edelbrock air-gap clearance

-

stryker63

Reaction score
Hello,

I just purchased an Edelbrock Performer RPM Air-Gap intake for my mildly built 5.2L Magnum. Not sure what carb I'll be running, but was wondering if there will be any clearance issues under the hood of my '73 Duster. I will use a twin-snorkle scoop if necessary, but would perfer to keep the "sleeper" appearance of a stock hood.

Any thoughts?

it should fit my torker II and holley SD fit under my 71 demon hood, both with a 1/2" 4-hole spacer.

on my 69 i have the rpm air gap holley carb and the mopar air cleaner and it just fits.

I am sure there are differences between our cars but you should be able to get it to fit.

Put put some modelers clay ( or equivalent ) on the highest point of your carb and close the hood to get your exact clearance. At worst you might need a drop base for your air cleaner. The Eddy air gap is about 3/4 inch taller than stock.

Ive got the Professional Products air gap knock off which I want to use with a 1/2 in adapter plate for a Thermoquad not installed yet I am thinking this is going to be tight.

Thanks everyone for their input!

It sound's like I'll get away with keeping my stock hood if I go with a low profile dropped base air cleaner. What would you suggest?

I used this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AIR-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Has a 1 1/4" dropped base and was pretty cheap. Cleared the throttle and trans pressure linkages no problem. The filter that comes with it is a POS but I had always intended to run a washable filter anyway so that didn't matter. Here's a pic installed in my car (5.9 magnum, airgap intake).

IMG_4614.jpg

Hello,

I just purchased an Edelbrock Performer RPM Air-Gap intake for my mildly built 5.2L Magnum. Not sure what carb I'll be running, but was wondering if there will be any clearance issues under the hood of my '73 Duster. I will use a twin-snorkle scoop if necessary, but would perfer to keep the "sleeper" appearance of a stock hood.

Any thoughts?
I have a 74 duster, with an airgap, Edelbrock AVS, edelbrock Air cleaner AND a 1" spacer and it all fits under my stock hood, although i do have a six pack scoop, but it fits and is NOT up into the scoop.

I have a 1973 Dart Custom with a regular flat hood, a 5.9 Magnum on brand spanky new poly mounts with a Magnum Air-Gap and a Demon carb. With a 14x3 drop base air filter (drop is approx 1 3/8"), I have to run the top plate inverted, and the lip of the top plate makes a nice deep witness mark in my hood padding. I'm looking for a 14x2 filter locally.

Have an air gap, holley 750, and stock 69 air breather on my 340 in my 69 swinger. put play dough on the breather and closed the stock bulge hood. about 1 1/2" of clearance. not a lot but it fits. Had more clearance when i was running my 14X3 K&N with the 1 1/2" drop base, but like the looks of the stock breather better.

Hello,

Any thoughts?

What year Magnum is it.

I had to use a air filter base that has a 3/4" drop to clear my 71' Dart swinger hood with a standard 4" height air filter.

-
Back