Edelbrock carb throttle linkage on a 318

-

weldedrail

Reaction score
Just finnished overhauling my motor and need to connect the Eddy 650 carb to the throttle. I am shure some others have done this before and i am looking for what your solution was. Is there a kit with adapters that can be bought or do you have to change out the throttle cable? I did order a #1481 chrysler throttle adapter but I am not shure how this helps me as there are no directions. I can cobble something together but I am looking to do this correct and have the trans kickdown work, etc.

vbpgimage.php

Fancy Lokar or equal cables are really nice, did them last time around, you can purchase OE parts for a 340/360 4bbl. set up, or you can purchase 2 washers, a bolt and lock nut like pictured below on this OE AVS carb set up I did.

Attachments

• 100_1023.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 1,998
  • 100_1022.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 2,586
  • 100_1021.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 1,680
  • 100_1018.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 1,272
Kind of hard to see but I had this pix on file for . I used a bouchillon type. Im sure that the spelling isnt right but anyway it was a complete set. 185 for everything to include cable for trans and accelerator.

Attachments

• 420.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 1,675
That's crazy that you posted pictures of you doing this, because last night I did the EXACT same thing! My timing is still a little bit off. I put the bolt in almost the same position as yours. Shifting to second from first is off. Would I adjust the bolt on the arm, or my throttle cable? How do you determine the location you put the bolt? And you're not going to use the same throttle cable, right? Assuming it was a 2bbl to 4 bbl conversion. My cable seems too short, it won't connect at the same point on the housing of the metal now.

-
Back