edelbrock carb

-

mrsmothers

Reaction score
So the po put a 750 on a stock 318 while it did run with it on it some how, the needle jet stuck and it flooded out so I figured why rebuild a carb that's to big . I had a old 600 edlebrock laying around I decided to rebuild that one. Well it took the 600 apart and water has rusted everything on the inside . My question is can I take the parts from the 600 with a bad body put them in the 750.

So the po put a 750 on a stock 318 while it did run with it on it some how, the needle jet stuck and it flooded out so I figured why rebuild a carb that's to big . I had a old 600 edlebrock laying around I decided to rebuild that one. Well it took the 600 apart and water has rusted everything on the inside . My question is can I take the parts from the 600 with a bad body put them in the 750.[/QUOTE

O the model numbers are 1406 and 1407 the the 600 is electric choke and the other is not

yes you can use the floats etc. the squirters may be bigger in 750. I swap parts across them all the time. the jets / metering rods may be different sizes depending on their history.

the tops are the same , but the 750 has bigger primary butterflies. all the choke stuff is a simple bolt on.

Do you think the primaries will effect me to much I was thinking about switching everything over jets, rods squiters and so on.

I ran a 1406 on my stock 318 and it was a damn near perfect match. it was right out of the box. in my experience, the 750 1407 always seem to be too rich out of the gate.

there is a small gasket / O ring between the choke pod and the carb body that you can't miss or you will have a small vacuum leak

I'd just rebuild the 750. It will work fine. Factory 318 4bbl's came with a 800 Thermoquad. .

The AFB carbs are rated @ 600 while the AVS units are given a 650.
Why? I do t know.
If they were the original Carters, you can see why. Not so much with the Edelbrocks.

-
Back