Edelbrock Carburetor tuning question...

-
:eek::eek:
Well, I will tell you like this. In stock form, it would completely die when punched at a dead idle. Now, with the accelerator pump on "rich" and the 750 squirters in there, it doesn't "die", but is still somewhat flat. No A/F ratio, no fuel pressure gage, no sound proofing, but my "shot in the dark" has helped it considerably. I would like to take another "shot in the dark" with step up springs. If this don't work, I'll throw a "shot in the dark" Holley at it and I bet it will work perfect! But shoot, my whole project is a mismatched "shot in the dark" 318. I mean, 340 cast intake on 318 heads is mismatched, and a 100 dollar cam, I didn't degree it either, it was a shot in the dark, and using a socket and a screw driver to bench flow the dremeled heads, that was a shot in the dark. Without headers, stock converter, 2.76 gears, it ran 94 mph (better than a perfectly matched from the factory'73 340 duster with 3.21's. You know what they say, it's better to be lucky than good (hope you have a sense of humor)... LOL

Well of course the carb is the problem !!!!!......Lol
Hope you have a sense of humor.

-
Back