Edelbrock dual quad manifold?

-

Crazy4408pac

N. Michigan
Reaction score
I have an Edelbrock dual quad manifold on my 440, with Edelbrock carbs. Am looking at a Holley double pumper look alike EFI set up from Retrotek. They have the same dimensions as the Holley DBs. Are they going to fit on this manifold? If yes, will I have to get different linkage or will what I'm using, work?
Thanks

I have an Edelbrock dual quad manifold on my 440, with Edelbrock carbs. Am looking at a Holley double pumper look alike EFI set up from Retrotek. They have the same dimensions as the Holley DBs. Are they going to fit on this manifold? If yes, will I have to get different linkage or will what I'm using, work?
Thanks
the holleys are gonna be longer, I imagine!

Tried to get Retrotek, but off for the 4th.
Yep, I went to my shop and measured the DP that I have and it's 12.5" No way can two fit. I thought of sideways, also. But, the DP measures around 11' wide. Then, I'd have to come up with a linkage. Reading the lit on the system, it states you can use your own intake. Under 500hp, no return line. Over, will need the return.
Guess I'll just wait and see what theyhave to say, on Monday.

The old offenhauser has a center to center of 8 3/4" and will accept inline
Holley's with side hung float bowls. These carbs are 8 1/2" long for reference.
I don't know the Retrotek spec's to help you much more.
Robs recommendation of mounting them sideways is how the dp Holley's are
used on a inline style manifold. They make linkage kits so you don't have to fab them up.
Cross Rams will give more room but add much expense.
Weiand tunnel rams are cheap and a hole in the hood would be necessary.
The offy is a 360° single plane where your edelbrock is a dual plane design.
Their used to be some offset adaptors that would change a inline to a cross ram.
Made by offy if I remember correctly. Never had a set of these but they may work on
your edelbrock and give you the most room without a manifold swap.
You likely would have to track down a used set as I would guess they haven't made them
in decades.

Attachments

• IMG_20140731_144924_658.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 168
-
Back