Edelbrock head measurements

-

turboking15

Reaction score
I have a set of 6077 edelbrock heads that i picked up a while back, ive got them all stripped down to clean, check, and assemble. One thing i noticed while disassembling, was that it looks like they may have been milled at one point. Does anybody have a set of untouched eddys that they can pull a few measurements off of for comparison?

Thanks

Is this the closed chamber head? If so, yes, but I couldn’t measure them until wed probably. You just want chamber cc’s

Yes it's closed chamber. I'm more looking for pan rail to deck surface measurements or similar measurements to see if this head has been milled, and if so how much.

Yes it's closed chamber. I'm more looking for pan rail to deck surface measurements or similar measurements to see if this head has been milled, and if so how much.
Is your motor apart? or are you trying to determine this with it together? I’m not sure there is an accurate way to determine that with it together. You would usually compare the advertised or measured cc’s of an untouched head’s chamber with the chamber of your head. My heads are not on a motor. I can measure from the deck surface of the head, but to where? If you are looking for an overall height measurement from the oil pan rail to somewhere on the head. That won’t tell you the head was milled. Could be block deck/head gasket etc. Why are you trying to determine if the heads are milled. To calculate compression? To see if the intake will fit fine? To check piston to valve clearance?

Heads are off the motor, I bought them used. The chambers look shallower than most pics I've seen. I will grab some pictures tonight to try and describe what I'm after.

I have a set of 6017 Eddys, I wonder if the measurement would be the same?

Ok, so what you need is to measure the chamber volume.

Once you know how big the chambers are you can compare them to the stock spec.

I have a set of 6077 edelbrock heads that i picked up a while back, ive got them all stripped down to clean, check, and assemble. One thing i noticed while disassembling, was that it looks like they may have been milled at one point. Does anybody have a set of untouched eddys that they can pull a few measurements off of for comparison?

Thanks
The only way to measure them is to cc the chambers.
Anything else would be just theoretical, to many variables.

65 cc +/- 1cc

I cc'd my new out of the box Edelbrock 60779 that are advertised at 63 cc's actually at 65 cc's. Most others have measured this same amount.

upload_2020-9-15_10-56-33.jpeg

upload_2020-9-15_10-57-26.jpeg

Went out and bought a cc kit, measured a chamber and got 60 cc. I also put a flat edge on the deck surface and measured down to it from the center head bolt surface and got 2.675" for the inner bolt and .976 for the outer bolt. Can anybody take those measurements on an untouched head?

Went out and bought a cc kit, measured a chamber and got 60 cc. I also put a flat edge on the deck surface and measured down to it from the center head bolt surface and got 2.675" for the inner bolt and .976 for the outer bolt. Can anybody take those measurements on an untouched head?
At 60 cc those heads have been milled, aren't they normally advertised at around 63cc. I have seen some members report 65 cc. sorry cant help with the measurements I am an old school iron head guy
Good luck

-
Back