Edelbrock Heads and headers in 72 Duster

-

Divenut

Reaction score
Hey Folks,

Picked up a set of Edelbrock heads (60779) for the Duster (72, 340, 727, Hooker Comps, manual steeringabd brakes). Would love to keep the Hooker Comps and wondering if anyone's running a similar combo? Did you need to modify/clearance the headers to fit? I have no problem taking a hammer to them to clear things. Also, open to other brands if necessary. But would prefer to put the money elsewhere.

Also, any general tips, suggestions etc for the installation in general? OEM Accessories & brackets bolt up etc.

Thanks in advance.

I use ARP head bolts with the washers on my aluminum heads and I put a liberal coating of Copper Coat on the gaskets to stop electrolysis.

When I used the 1-5/8 Hookers, a minor dent was needed at the “P/S” steering box, no big deal. The manual box may be better on clearance.

The 1-5/8 header I like better is the Summit Racing brand which fit better every time and has a thicker flange. Also much cheaper than the Hookers. Purchase them next time around.

From member 1973Kathleen’s thread, I wrote down my installation tips that I do as well as others in her thread.
Click below to my post.

Hooker Header Help

-
Back