Edelbrock heads

-
Absolutely love my Edelbrock heads,i've been running them for 4 seasons now on my 416 and 360,with some impressive numbers and very good flow numbers for what little was done to them,i certainly WON'T be running iron heads ever again,unless i go the w2 route:-D:-D

I bought these Eddy RPM,s OOTB from a member here in Ontario(never on a motor)with saving on taxes,shipping,border fees,I had them worked over for running a solid cam .631 lift,252,258 @.050 @106 center.These are going on a stroked 408(410)custom Manley pushrods.I can,t wait to try them out!:clock:
car pics 66 Dart 030.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 031.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 032.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 030.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 031.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 032.jpg

If you go with the Edelbrock heads, open them up and check the guides. I installed a set of Eddy's on my engine 2 yrs. ago and I woofed THREE sets of rockers (stock, stamped steel...) by punching the push rods through the tips. I was putting off popping the heads off and have been taking it easy, but now they seem OK.

They must have "broken in"....
:-D

tight guides huh?

what spring pressures? the springs it came with?-130inst-320open?

unlike the other thread where guys bashed and trashed for no reason..I would like to find the direct cause for any issues with these heads just so no one gets the wrong idea/info about them.

I ran the eddy heads right of the box untouched and are fine.. But i agree with everybody on one side you pay alot for heads and expect them to be perfect and ready to go and well...they should be!!!..but i also agree that you should get them checked even though i did not.. I worked at a parts wearhouse for years and it doesnt matter how well the product is manufactured if shipping is poor anything will happen alot of people touch a product before it gets to you new or not. They get dropped squeshed ran over wet hot everything happens to them..not just heads everything.. But now adays we should be able to relie on what we buy.. But at the same time it is very smart to check especialy when you have thousands invested into a motor....

-
Back