Edelbrock Magnum heads/OE serpentine drive?

-

rumblefish360

I have escaped the EVIL Empire State!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I was wondering who may be running Edelbrock’s Magnum heads and if there using the OE serpentine set up.
Are there any figment issues? With the aluminum Acc. bracket?
TIA

Also have edelbrock heads with the OE magnum serpentine setup. No issues except the OE brackets cover up a bunch of the pretty machined aluminum!

Also have edelbrock heads with the OE magnum serpentine setup. No issues except the OE brackets cover up a bunch of the pretty machined aluminum!
LOL! It is a shame to hide shiny and pretty!

I wonder if the trick flow heads are the same length for an EZ fit?

I would think the trick flows mimic the LA head. I've heard that guys have to modify and shim LA accessories and brackets to fit on magnum heads.

I was wondering who may be running Edelbrock’s Magnum heads and if there using the OE serpentine set up.
Are there any figment issues? With the aluminum Acc. bracket?
TIA

I have a set of Eddies on my Magnum. Everything bolted right up with no issues. I also replaced both the idler and tensioner pulleys and am running a fresh belt.

My A/C tech shortened and brazed the factory aluminum hose manifold that bolts to the A/C compressor to reposition my hoses. Be sure to verify the shraeder valve doesn't leak.

I don't like the look of raw aluminum heads or radiators for that matter on my stuff, so I always paint them. They just look unfinished when left raw in my eyes. Too Chevy like for my tastes, lol.

Airbox1 (Medium).JPG

Thanks Gents. I’ll not be running A/C. Shimming the bracket with washers is OK. I’d rather do that then cut the bracket down. Which isn’t a big deal but it’s just on and off and test and then repeat until you ether completely screwed the pooch or get it right. LOL!

I will (Or hope to) run a P/S. bracket and pump. It’ll make steering the ‘79 Magnum around a good bit easier since it will be 99.9% street.

@jbc426 , I myself like all the aluminum bright. Anything that is aluminum is shown as such. Water pump, timing cover, fuel pump. Or powder coated “Alien Silver.” It is very similar to new aluminum without the aging discoloring. You just can’t do the fuel pump and unless you can disassemble and re assemble the water pump leak free....

@1994redram I had to create (cut down) special length alternator spaces. The Alt. also needs a little more adjustment length than the OE bracket “MAY” allow. (Square back All.) That was the only two things I faced when you bolted on my “LA” Edelbrock RPM heads.

I’d also bet the Magnum heads are the same dimensionally as the LA heads from Edelbrock. Stock OE heads are different and of no concern to me right now. I’m not going to use OE Magnum heads and LA anything on the front of the engine.

-
Back