Edelbrock Performer IAS Monotube Shocks?

-

trbodrt

Reaction score
Just got my 72 dart rolling again with full front suspension rebuild, just looking for a fairly priced shock and was wondering if anyone has had experience with the shocks mentioned above. This is just a street car with a 360/904 combo. Also would like to hear of other shocks that work well also, just looking to get the best bang for my buck.

I used to run KYBs. Then I tried a set of Edelbrock IAS, and never looked back. The KYBs are better than the typical Monroe/Gabriel garbage you get at the parts store, but the Edelbrock IAS are way, way better than the KYBs.

Just got my 72 dart rolling again with full front suspension rebuild, just looking for a fairly priced shock and was wondering if anyone has had experience with the shocks mentioned above. This is just a street car with a 360/904 combo. Also would like to hear of other shocks that work well also, just looking to get the best bang for my buck.

I see those shocks are at $84 ea at Jegs.

Some places are offering the Bilstein RCD shocks for $400 for all four. For the $64 more I'd really think about the Bilsteins.

I haven't run the Edelbrocks. But I've run KYB's, QA1's, Herb Adams VSE, and Koni. I like the Bilsteins the best.

My car came with edelbrocks installed by the previous owner. The rest of the suspension is stock HD/340 stuff, and I am really happy with the way the car rides and handles... A firm ride but not harsh.

Hope this helps....

anyone have personal experience between the edelbrock ias and the Bilstein RCD's?

-
Back