Edelbrock Performer RPM Pro-Flo EFI Systems

-

n00blike

Reaction score
has anyone used it? Im thinking about doing this later on. The fact that you can change from economy to racing is really sweet!

What always pisses me off about the Edelbrock kit is that it is something like $400 cheaper for the Chevy kit vs. the Mopar kit. Now everything except for the intake should be identical, what justifies the additional money except for the fact that it's for a Mopar and therefore we should pay more for the same thing??????

Now everything except for the intake should be identical, what justifies the additional money except for the fact that it's for a Mopar and therefore we should pay more for the same thing??????

Purely a volume thing, they sell a ton of SBC compared to MOPAR . Set-ups and R & D are spread ove a larger base .

has anyone used it? Im thinking about doing this later on. The fact that you can change from economy to racing is really sweet!

I work for a distributor of a different EFI system, one that also offers table switching. I don't really think much of table switching between power and economy maps, however, as a well optimized fuel and spark map will provide both. You don't do much racing in the cells most heavily used for driving. Table switching does have a few good uses:

1. If you have one table for race gas that allows a more aggressive advance curve and one for pump gas. (If your engine's advance is limited by detonation. Some aren't.)

2. A separate map for when your engine is on nitrous.

But usually you switch between economy and racing with your right foot. I'd say less than 1% of our customers use table switching for much of anything.

-
Back