Edelbrock streetmaster intake?

-

Valvebounce

Reaction score
Is anyone running one of these antiques on their 318's? I have one on my valiant, but the car isn't quite on the road yet. Given what i've read on hear recently, it's going to be a turd with the rest of the set up on that engine.

I ran one on a bone stock 390 ford with a Carter 650 carb and a 1" 4 hole spacer, it ran great! I have one on a 350 chevy that has a mild cam that I am building for my buddies 64 Impala.
I have never run one on a mopar but I wouldn't hesitate to try I would just suggest that you play around with spacers, the streetmaster tends to like them.

Running one on a 360 with a carter so far it is good. Pulls like crazy on the bottom end.

Really? Thats encouraging. I would have thought the open plenium design would have destroyed the lower end grunt completely. How big a cam were you running?

Thats how it was on the Ford 390 I had it on. It would just keep pulling even at 70 on the freeway it just wanted to go, the only thing that held it back were the rear gears.

If you have small port heads, the streetmaster/street dominator single plane manifolds work great. I have a street dominator on my 390. (stroked 318) and like it.

I think they run better than any dual plane, on a small port head eingine.

Thats heartening news. I'm stuck with the small port heads. (Haven't checked, but chances are they'll be 675's) I'm also running a small CFM holley at the moment as well. I know that the streetmaster is an ancient manifold, but modern single plane open plenium manifolds are rated for higher end rpms.
I should be spending my Xmas break working on my car instead of being on here so often. (then I'd be able to find out how it goes for myself!)

-
Back