Edelbrock Thunder AVS

-

69dodgedart360

Reaction score
Anyone tried out this carburetor with good results? Edelbrock #1806. Possibly thinking about giving this one a try or possibly a 650cfm Holley. Looking for a good carburetor that will perform around town driving as well as freeway cruising. Currently have a 750cfm VS Street Demon and it works great for quarter mile performance but bogs/hesitates hard at freeway speeds when going from part throttle to WOT and have exhausted all possibilities and tuning with carburetor.
Current set up is this:
10:1 360
Ported X Heads
Air Gap Intake
COMP XE284 Hyd
TTI Exhaust
MSD everything.

I can't really offer if the AVS is trouble free comparatively, but if you're only experiencing issues from part to WOT, and not from idle to WOT you might wanna have a friend ride along and install a wideband rather than buy a new carb...

Or perhaps detail the steps you've taken to troubleshoot?

Is there a particular RPM where it bogs?

I have the Ede 650 AVS on my 360. Its about as plug and play as you will find. Set it and forget it. I highly recomend it for your 360.

I would think it would be much cheaper to tune the carb you have rather than buy a new one?!? BTW I'm running the 800cfm Thunder on my stroker. My builder/tuner really likes them.

IMO a 650 cfm carb is to small. An 800 cfm Edelbrock would be about right.
I have a 650 Edelbrock on my 340 but it's not built as strong as yours, and it's to small for my car.

-
Back