Edelbrock TR5 Versus Edelbrock 340 Torker

-

SS Lancer

Reaction score
Sorry I said it wrong should have said
TM5 versus Torker 340 intake !!

Is the Torker 340 the same as a regular Torker for the LA engine ??

The TR5. I would rather use a stock manifold than run any of the torqer manifolds unless on nitrous.

The TR5. I would rather use a stock manifold than run any of the torqer manifolds unless on nitrous.
U mean a TM5 ?
I messed the wording up on this topic
Could not figure out how to change it etc .
I meant to say
TM5 versus 340 Torker which is better ?
Also is a 340 Torker the same as a reg Torker intake ?

I believe the TM5 is also called a Tarantula and it had a higher operating range than the original Torker. They will work, but if I had any options, I'd consider just about anything else before them for better performance potential.

U mean a TM5 ?
I messed the wording up on this topic
Could not figure out how to change it etc .
I meant to say
TM5 versus 340 Torker which is better ?
Also is a 340 Torker the same as a reg Torker intake ?

Se below,Locomotion is a smart guy!

I believe the TM5 is also called a Tarantula and it had a higher operating range than the original Torker. They will work, but if I had any options, I'd consider just about anything else before them for better performance potential.

This!

Se below,Locomotion is a smart guy!

This!

Running in a vintage Gasser group modern intakes dont get the weight break of 50 lbs
TM5 is permitted in group.
I have a TR5 tunnel ram
And a TM5 now both being professionally ported etc
As far as oldschool stuff goes those are sbout as good. It gets for a 340 .

Didn't know the rules. TR5 would be interesting, depending on the rest of the combo and proper carb tuning. But I'm curious if the LD340 gets the "vintage" weight break. What you have available is an obvious factor as well. 50 lbs is suppose to equal .05 in the 1/4. But that may not be too hard to pass with modern intakes.

Didn't know the rules. TR5 would be interesting, depending on the rest of the combo and proper carb tuning. But I'm curious if the LD340 gets the "vintage" weight break. What you have available is an obvious factor as well. 50 lbs is suppose to equal .05 in the 1/4. But that may not be too hard to pass with modern intakes.
All LA series are allowed

-
Back