10 minute, run time, engine started ticking, was shut down
this is what was found.

037.jpg

what caused this
is it just a freak thing?

I'm in the middle of porting the heads, replacing the valves
Didn't see anything wrong with the others

??????????????????

I have seen locks fail and valves break but I have not seen a valve break there before and only after 10 min of run time. but it could have been a lot worse .

The picture isn't clear enough for me - is the stem's tip broken off or was it finished properly - just really short? The locks look like they're ok and in the grooves. Maybe the wrong valve installed by Edelbrock?

The picture isn't clear enough for me - is the stem's tip broken off or was it finished properly - just really short? The locks look like they're ok and in the grooves. Maybe the wrong valve installed by Edelbrock?

It's broke off

038-1.jpg

The seller said at first he thought the battery had fell out of his watch and landed in the head
(Small round piece) lol

Ok - so a bad valve. Most cheaper performance valves (i.e. what Edelbrock uses) are not one piece. You got a bad one. I haven't seen that before myself - but I'd just replace it and don't give it another thought.

Wow. Just one more testament to good engineering. lol

the valve probably had a harden tip that came off ,did you find the missing tip?

Ok - so a bad valve. Most cheaper performance valves (i.e. what Edelbrock uses) are not one piece. You got a bad one. I haven't seen that before myself - but I'd just replace it and don't give it another thought.

I also have never seen this

Edelbrock will not reply, their instruction sheet says

premium one-piece, stainless steel, high-flow 2.02" and 1.60" intake and exhaust valves

?????

Your result would question that...lol.

I'd try to reach Edelbrock's engineering guys - not a tech line. The angles usually are not that good on them but I haven't had a valve failure on an RPM head before. Not one. Weird.

Your result would question that...lol.

I'd try to reach Edelbrock's engineering guys - not a tech line. The angles usually are not that good on them but I haven't had a valve failure on an RPM head before. Not one. Weird.

I'm not wasting any more time on them.. I have already ordered new Ferrea valves

Edelbrock>>>>
Our philosophy is that the TELEPHONE is the most effective way to communicate and trouble shoot any issues or concerns you may have.

For that reason technical email support is not currently available

Put a set of eddy push rods in a fresh build. Started making noise. Found out the push rods tips wore down. Put in a set of comps, and no more Issues. I have heard a lot of bad things about them online lately.

what does the rocker arm look like that was running that valve?? are you using roller rockers?? just wondering, not that the rocker did anything, like most have said you must have had a defective valve, replacing all of them sound like a good idea to me!!

Just a thought here, but where does the rocker contact the valve ends? (centered or off to the side?)

It's hard to tell for sure even magnified more but it looks like they might be.
Off center impact could do that, but I would still agree that is a faulty manufacturing problem.

Attachments

• 038-1.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 144
It looks like a poor metal quality issue to me.

Maybe they are trying to save costs on materials and going to crap metal...

Or maybe their process is not set up properly.

-
Back