Edlebrock avs2

-

doopdoop67

Reaction score
I have an edlebrock 650 avs2 on my new 360 I had built. It has 10.1 compression and the edlebrock power package. I just checked plugs the other day and they are black. Can anyone tell me how I lean it out? Or what you guys have done to get the most out of a edlebrock avs2?

Is the carb stock out of the box, or has it been tinkered with ?
Box stock is where you want to start, for a baseline.
After that, it shouldn't be more than a rod change.
Going to need an Edelbrock strip kit. That carb should be pretty close out of the box for a 360.
If you don't have the carb manual, download it from the interweb.

Is the carb stock out of the box, or has it been tinkered with ?
Box stock is where you want to start, for a baseline.
After that, it shouldn't be more than a rod change.
Going to need an Edelbrock strip kit. That carb should be pretty close out of the box for a 360.
If you don't have the carb manual, download it from the interweb.
Carb is out of the box

Mine is almost on the lean side on my 340. All I've done is adjust the idle air bleeds. It has a touch of a lean stumble if I get into to too quickly but I'll tackle that after the new cam and heads are on. How have you been driving it lately? Putting around and idling a lot, highway cruising, or blowing the carbon out on every straightaway?

Mine is almost on the lean side on my 340. All I've done is adjust the idle air bleeds. It has a touch of a lean stumble if I get into to too quickly but I'll tackle that after the new cam and heads are on. How have you been driving it lately? Putting around and idling a lot, highway cruising, or blowing the carbon out on every straightaway?
I’ve actually done all 3 lol. Driving the wheels off it and cruising it around town

I caution getting a kit... It's kind of a steep expense for just maybe a rod or jet or spring change... in the kit you'll get a bunch of stuff you definitely will not use like much richer Jets and metering rods. Likely even the ones you already have as well... Summit sells the generic set of springs for like 4.99...
You have to write things down. You have to download the manual and get the jet and metering Rod chart. The very first thing you want to write down is exactly how many turns in each of the air adjustment screws are at. Turn each one in 1/2 turn at a time till they start to bottom out and you do not want to get them tight at all just till they barely hit bottom. Should be around one and a half to two turns each. then turn them back to where they are so you know where your base setting is. I almost forgot before you do anything make sure your timing is set perfect... Definitely put a new set of plugs in and take it for a drive and see what happens within 10 or 15 miles or so. If they get black that fast then definitely you need to tune... Really $150 wideband O2 sensor helps dramatically. It's not an end all but it does tell you quite quickly when you have made adjustments...
Remember 9 out of 10 people don't take the time to just simply read the manual twice...

Don't they have metering rods and jets like an AFB? They come with a tuning chart. Have you not read the instructions?

FIRST thing to do is put a vacuum gauge on it and see what kind of vac you have at idle. If you have a big cam with low vacuum these carbs dont work out of the box. The springs are easy to change right from the top of the carb.

-
Back