EFI set up

-

alexis

Don't mess with me
Reaction score
I am looking into this EFI set up for my 1970 Valiant project,my father's good friend Jimmy talked me into this one: http://holley.com/Terminator EFI/ He has a set up on a new hemi swap in a 1970 Dodge Dart and said no problems with it.I have chosen a 5.7 hemi and it came out of a 2004 Dodge pickup.It is now at an engine machine shop being built for high performance and this machine shop knows what they are doing.I decided on the EFI for reliability.Any opinions.This Valient is going to be a sleeper/hot rod with a torqueflite transmission.

Holley really needs to get off their a$$ and get a good setup for their HP / Dominator system that will integrate with some or most of the Mopar hardware.

I decided to go with Holley HP narrowly edging out the Megasquirt which keeps "edging up" to be more complicated and more expensive, but at the same time with what I consider to be rather fragmented documentation, and no real official support.

The thing about the HP/ Dominator is that it can be set up with EITHER TBI or multiport.......I'm running a TBI now, and hope to live long enough to convert mine to multiport. I could be wrong but the Terminator? does not have that capability?

The factory intake is not going to be used,a carburated intake is going in it's place.

RogerK and I have gone the GM TBI direction with the help of Bill at Binderplanet.com

Going with that Holley system,real easy to set up and tune.I have no complaint about the 5.7 hemi,my bio dad gave it to me for free.Said it had a rod knock in it and he was right,the machine shop that is building it up found one bad rod.Going with a great set of aftermarket heads and comp cams camshaft for the street application.

-
Back