egr? to eddy rpm intake match up on a LA318?

-

eviper21

Reaction score
i have a LA 318 im building up and i just put my heads on it. But when i went to mock up the intake I have a little issue. Check out the pictures. Im guessing he port in the center of the intakes, on the head is egr? Well my intake has provisions for the small rectangular port. but the half round port around it sticks out?? Am i in need of a different intake? and if so, what kind? because i was told the intake i have is the EGR kind. now i could be wrong and its something completely different like water transfer. But thats why im here asking you guys!

thanks

Attachments

• IMAG0523.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 238
  • IMAG0522.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 226
Not an issue, that's OK.

The intake doesn't look like an egr unit. Look in the carb opening, no holes in the floor of intake, it's not an EGR intake

The holes in the center of the heads are referred to as heat cross overs.
They are designed to heat the intake for better fuel atomization.
Fel Pro and others make an intake gasket that blocks the heat cross over.
Many dont like the high heat to the intake from the heat cross over,so they block it off.
Depending on your climate,and what your doing with the car will determine if you will want to block it off or not.

EVERYBODY asks this question. That "half moon" is a thermal expansion port and is on every Mopar LA and B/ RB that has crossover ports. It's normal for an intake to expose it

sorry i was another one of the many, but you guys just saved me a couple hundred bucks. So THANKS!

That's a Performer 318/360 intake. It's not an RPM.

Still a decent intake and works well with a 1" open spacer.

EVERYBODY asks this question. That "half moon" is a thermal expansion port and is on every Mopar LA and B/ RB that has crossover ports. It's normal for an intake to expose it

No reason to be such a prick every time someone has a question.
That's what the site is for.
You should chill.
Some folks are still learning,and don't need the hostile attitude.

Mancini sells the MOPPA4286569AB

Intake Gasket Set {w/ Stainless Exhaust Heat Cross-Over Block-Plate inserts}

Depending on your Daily use, you can play around with 'restricting' the heat flow.

chucker54_2272_56461188

I like the Fel pro printoseal gaskets.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 170
Its just a cruiser with a stock-ish 318. I live in southern Cali so I'm sure I dont need the heat flow as it hardly drops below 60*. But since I already have the felpro engine gasket kit (doesnt block off the port), I think im just going to run it anyways. Im not going for crazy horsepower anyways.

Also thanks on the correction between RPM and performer RPM. Didnt know there was a difference.

Just didnt wanna put it all together and start blowing exhaust or water or oil straight outta the head lol.

Know the area well,surf Ventura on a regular basis. :glasses7:

Awesome! not a surfer myself but Im well aware of the surf history out here. Where bouts are you from? Inland or San Diego area seems to be the residence of most socal people on here lol

Awesome! not a surfer myself but Im well aware of the surf history out here. Where bouts are you from? Inland or San Diego area seems to be the residence of most socal people on here lol

Inland,about 40 miles.:glasses7:

-
Back