Egr

-

MI_Mopar

Reaction score
So i have converted to a performer intake aand carb, the original EGR valve is to big for the clearance needed to put the orig. EGR valve back. any suggestions on how to get around that? oh and where do you find a EGR gasket that fits? autozone didnt have it and neither did the dealer.

The dealer didn't have a EGR gasket?!?!?! WOW!

You may just want to make your own gasket and put a piece of sheet metal over it with 2 bolt holes paint it to match the intake you don't need it its just for emission and if it won't fit what else can you do?

He asked this question to me in a PM. My reply was the factor gasket is a high temp gasket because the EGR valve is recieveing very hot exhaust gas directly from under it through the head.

Regular gasket material will burn up and out in a short time. Any metal cover made/used must be very strong and thick, though not so much like a iron block thick, but it will also see extreme heat.

You can get sheets of exhaust flange gasket material from McMaster-Carr if you've got to make your own gasket. Go to mcmaster.com and look for part number 3572T11 or 3572T13.

i forgot i had a buddy that works with heavy metals building metal cabinets for the big electrical company here. I sent him the old gasket and he is gonna trace it and even drill the holes for me and i should be good, now since i couldnt find a replacement gasket...do you think i can reuse the orig and just put some silicon in between them?

No, we went through this. Use something like indain head gasket sealer. The silicone will burn off in the high heat area.

oh right...short attention span! indian head gasket sealer..ok, ill check it out.

You do. Use metal at least a 1/8 thick.

-
Back