elcetricity question

-
And here I sit thinking my late 80's box was bad. I'm currently looking to upgrade to rather a 400 or 600 amp service. As I'll be pulling 97A off of my plasma cutter alone. Another 10-15 for the CNC electronics, a bunch for a large compressor, and who knows what for lights, music, welder, drill press, ect. Man I feel for you, definatly talk to the landlord as well as a local electrician. I'm surprised your not having power issues with just the modern home electronics as it is.

What in 'ell are you doing, building aircraft carriers?????

Lol. No that's the maximum power draw. It a thermal dynamics A80 plasma cutter. Capable of running all day long on 3/4 in a production setting. It will severance cut up to 1 1/2 plate. It will be part of my CNC plasma cutting machine. I am starting up a business doing custom fabrication/artwork. And I don't want to be limited due to a small plasma cutter. Normally it will probably draw about 40-60 amps, but the circuit needs to be able to handle the max required power.

Or plate armour for tanks! Thats a hell of a machine.

Another thing I always have to take into account around here;What else is drawing power at the time? It's a lifestyle adjustment,shutting things off or waiting for other things to finish before starting another appliance up. I always make sure there isnt another large power robbing appliance running when I weld.

I also agree get the landlord to upgrade that system....

!!! WOW !!! Like I said, aircraft carriers.

Yeah but a severance cut will look like a child hopped up on caffeen and sugar while watching TV. And holding the torch. It ain't pritty, but it's cut. But 3/4 will be as smooth as butter, and who dosent want that?

-
Back