elec water pump

-

famous bob

mopar misfit
Reaction score
Any of u guys ever run or tried a 50 gal. elec. water pump that fits in the stock housing ? I was wondering about the water flow being fast enough, or too fast to help,cooling a r/b stroker. I like the idea of running the pump after a making a run at the strip, on a street mostly car.

I used to run a separate mounted electric motor from Moroso that I could just slip the belt on over the stock pulley while at the track for between run cooling. It is a cogged belt that would grab the pulley surface enough to drive it. Not optimal but it worked for me. The motor itself with the plastic cogged drive would not keep it cool in street use with out a drive fan. I had a pusher electric on front. So just a high cool standard pump and pulley and at the time flex fan. It is sitting in my garage cabinet unused anymore.

Any of u guys ever run or tried a 50 gal. elec. water pump that fits in the stock housing ? I was wondering about the water flow being fast enough, or too fast to help,cooling a r/b stroker. I like the idea of running the pump after a making a run at the strip, on a street mostly car.
I'm running one right now but the jury is still out. Everything is great at idle. No overheating what so ever. 95 out and it will hold 180 with the electric fans. Going down the highway the temp is now creeping up over 200. It never did that with the mechanical pump so I think it doesn't flow well enough. I did change the shroud so I need to make sure that it isn't a restriction instead of the pump being the issue.

I would just hook one of these to the heater hose or bypass hose to circulate the coolant between runs along with a supplemental electric radiator fan. This way, you can put them on the same circuit and flip the switch after a run and let the electric system work to cool down the engine.

Davies Craig 12v EBP15 Electric Booster Pump Kit - Pegasus Auto Racing Supplies

I would just hook one of these to the heater hose or bypass hose to circulate the coolant between runs along with a supplemental electric radiator fan. This way, you can put them on the same circuit and flip the switch after a run and let the electric system work to cool down the engine.

Davies Craig 12v EBP15 Electric Booster Pump Kit - Pegasus Auto Racing Supplies
--interesting !!
I`m wondering how much would actually go thru the rad. instead of (on a bigblock mopar), just trying to circulate it in the heater circuit mostly. Looks like an open holed plate is needed instead of a thermostat too. ????????????????? Sounds like a great idea tho ! Do u run one ?

--interesting !!
I`m wondering how much would actually go thru the rad. instead of (on a bigblock mopar), just trying to circulate it in the heater circuit mostly. Looks like an open holed plate is needed instead of a thermostat too. ????????????????? Sounds like a great idea tho ! Do u run one ?
I used to run one like this years ago on a Duster I took to the track a lot.

The pump attached to the heater coil line circulates the coolant through the block but not through the radiator. You need to add a small cooling radiator to the line and place it in front of the main radiator. Then with an electric fan pushing air through both the supplemental radiator and the main Radiator, you are cooling both the engine and the remaining volume of coolant in the radiator. You don’t need to bypass the thermostat since the new cooling loop is already bypassing it.

You can use a supplemental radiator like this one..

B&M SuperCooler Oil Coolers 70274

I used to run one like this years ago on a Duster I took to the track a lot.

The pump attached to the heater coil line circulates the coolant through the block but not through the radiator. You need to add a small cooling radiator to the line and place it in front of the main radiator. Then with an electric fan pushing air through both the supplemental radiator and the main Radiator, you are cooling both the engine and the remaining volume of coolant in the radiator. You don’t need to bypass the thermostat since the new cooling loop is already bypassing it.

You can use a supplemental radiator like this one..

B&M SuperCooler Oil Coolers 70274
Interesting idea , to say the least, but don`t have room for any more stuff in front of the rad., or any where else for that matter.

-
Back