Electric fuel pump recomendation?

-

drugster

Reaction score
Hi: im having problems with my holley blue pump (the pressure drops constantly) and trying to upgrade to a better pump if possible, what's your recomendations? Its for a stroked sbm, 12:1 comp., eddy heads, airgap, ultra hp 850, hyd roller, around 500 hps.
Will apretiate any advice

Aeromotive 11202 - A2000 CARBURETED FUEL PUMP This is the pump I will be using.
Its installed but new motor has not been fired yet to give any feedback.

I have several different pumps on different cars. Including aeromotive. The best bang for the buck is the 100 gal per hour carter. A little loud , But Never lost pressure like the holley's I've owned. And a lot cheaper then a equivalent aeromotive for the street.

If something happens on the road pick a new one up at NAPA .

Keeps up with 1050 cfms on the duster. and the blower motor on the truck. running #8 line with these pumps. For fuel only not recommended for Methanol or injection. Injection cars I use aeromotive The best I found in Electric but $$$$.$$ for the system needed .

I don't know if any of you ever noticed but the truck has transmision throttle pressure with the blower that worked perfect

Attachments

• DSCF0039[1].jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 287
  • DSCF0040[1].jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 272
  • DSCF0041[1].jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 258
  • steve%20027[1].jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 255
I have never had a problem with the Holley pumps loosing pressure. but, I am also interested in finding a replacement. I have had enough of the noise.... that damn thing is louder then the engine....

Had a new holley blue last about a year, maybe 800
Miles. Went to a Mallory nice quiet, reliable, been several years now no issues.

Just looked at the walbro pump on summit. Hmm, efi pump at 60psi. if high pressure works for the street, guess it is good. Carb systems need that much pressure before the regulator? Race vs street pressures?
Was going to the Aeromotive 11203 pump. Have to look into Carter and Mallory pumps.

I just bought an Edelbrock 1791 that replaced a Holley blue that started leaking from the pump shaft seal.

It's great. Whisper quiet, has a built in adjustable regulator, and flows 10gph more than the Holley does.

Eddi like aeromotive quality and price. nice pump. looked at the electric Carter. what a deal... not the new billet design, but way less cost.

-
Back