Electric Fuel Pump

-
This gas is so bad and evaporates so fast, over night the carb is empty! electric is the only way to go, on a relay wired thru oil pressure switch, engine off, no pump. Ez to wire with a prime push button. safe IMO.

This gas is so bad and evaporates so fast, over night the carb is empty! electric is the only way to go, on a relay wired thru oil pressure switch, engine off, no pump. Ez to wire with a prime push button. safe IMO.

The reason my carb was boiling off the gas was the cast iron manifold. It would store the heat and transfer it to the Carter 2bbl.

I switched to a 4bbl Edelbrock with a aluminum intake manifold and the manifold never gets above 150°. Problem solved

I keep a splash bottle handy. On Fridays I splash a tablespoon or so of gas down the primaries, get in, floor it, and hit the starter.Shazzam!!

The hard hot-start, as mentioned, is a separate issue.

So you have store gasoline in a splash bottle, open your hood, remove the air cleaner, splash in gasoline, put the air cleaner back on, close the hood, and then get in and start it?

:wack:
:coffee2:

The Holley Mighty Mite fuel pump I bought is excellent, starts out noisy like the vane pumps, then dulls to a subtle sound when it pressures up. Set my pressure to 5.5psi, good to go.

Let it sit a month, hop in, turn the key to run, wait for the carb to fill, pump it, crank it, fire up, and go!

Well this past weekend I got one wired up. It is a street car with a mild 360 so I used a smaller pump with only like 2 amps of draw. I don't use the radio/deleted it so I used the radio hot as the power. Fused it with the proper size fuse for the pump. Wired it in with a toggle switch and have my problem fixed

I wouldent even consider an electric fuel pump without an inertia switch but I have a phobia about being the main attraction at a wiener roast . good luck .

I wouldent even consider an electric fuel pump without an inertia switch but I have a phobia about being the main attraction at a wiener roast . good luck .

I am gonna add one later, right now it isnt going out of the driveway

-
Back