Electric Fuel Pump ?

-

6pk2goDemon

Mopar Mod
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Is it okay to use brass style adapters with the copper tube centers from the hardware store directly off an electric fuel pump?

I'm kinda worried that the copper will split from the vibration....:???:

Advice is welcome........:dontknow:

Almost ready to start and want to be sure.....

I wouldn't recommend running copper lines myself. I went with aluminum and brass fittings, no problems. I used flare fittings from lowe's or what have you and haven't had any issues in about 15,000 street miles.

roll from summit is about $30 or so of aluminum.

Thanks Goody....:salut:

Sorry if I didn't pose the question correctly.

The fuel lines are steel flared, but the adapters coming off the fuel pump are brass with copper in the middle from Ace Hardware.

I'm probably over thinking....LOL :banghead:

If you guys think these style fittings are okay.......

Or stop me now....

Thanks Goody....:salut:

Sorry if I didn't pose the question correctly.

The fuel lines are steel flared, but the adapters coming off the fuel pump are brass with copper in the middle from Ace Hardware.

I'm probably over thinking....LOL :banghead:

So are you reffering to compression fittings from Ace?

Not a compression fitting, that's what the concern is. :scratch:

Here is a pic of the fittings installed.

Do you guys think this setup is okay to use. :help:

6pk, in the interest of safety and your continued well being, I will say no.

ramcharger....Thanks for your input and mention of safety. :thumbup:

Had a little pow-wow in the chat room the other night and looks like all are in agreement with you. Already had it mounted w/ braided hose and changed it to this setup since fuel pump had to be relocated anyhow......then had 2nd thoughts. :scratch:

Oh well......just another step & another redo before starting this thing. LOL

BTW....how are Maxi & Merlin doing?

Today's fix.......Better this time? Comments welcome and appreciated.

This will work but clamping stainless braided has it's problems. The braid resists compression as it's designed to do. It looks as though there is a short line problem. I suggest a line stretcher, lol just kidding! A female flare to flare fitting and make up a short steel line, then add a 3/8 npt to flare fitting on the pump. Just use good high pressure reinforced rubber fuel line to the tank side and double clamp on the tank side and you'll be good to go. Just remember to check the clamps after the first few weeks and every 6 months or so.

AN fittings all the way are the ultimate but what I just suggested should pass NHRA tech.

Edit**** That pump should be mounted to something more solid. I would suggest some strap steel on the other side of the fenderwell to prevent stress cracking.

I would use rubber fuel line (SOME of it is intended for fuel injection - that stuff is stronger) and these fuel injection clamps.

210602_tab.jpg

Watch that all of it stays away from exhaust, suspension and tires. It looks kind of "out there" in your picture.

10-4 four speed! Yes the fuel injection rubber hose is the way to go and that's what I was alluding too in regards to "high pressure rubber hose". I should have been more clear.

-
Back