• Belt Sander?

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Angle grinder?

Votes: 9 15.0%

• Total voters
-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
What do you shave with? I have never been able to use foam and a blade, if I shave more than every 3 days my chin gets raw. Been using an electric and now U am starting to get raw from that if I shave every day.....Suppose it is time to just let it grow?????

electric here Doug, when I was a young'un it was the foam n blade, but that only lasted for a year or 2. I get raw a little bit too, so I skip a day or 2...
Funny how when yer a teenager you cant wait to start shaving...now its just a pain in the arse!

I use an electric. I have to shave everyday for work and the foam and razor were killing my face. Even the electric right now does it. Sensitive skin sucks.

I have to shave twice a day and the 3 blade disposable works best for me,Joe

Electrics have never been able to touch my beard.

Manual razor and foam.

Though the best shave I've ever had was doing it the old fashioned way: with a the old soap and brush put in a mug. Just found that I can buy those again at Walgreens, but I have something like three cans of foam to go through, thanks to Christmas.

Cheap two blade & foam. The 4/5 blade deals have no control unless your saving everthing off. I'm a sculpter...lol.

I either shave in the shower using regular soap & 3 blade or my Granddads old soap in a mug at the sink. Shower is best, very close shave.

I am really surprised nobody has voted for the DA Sander yet. I guess all the smart a$$es aren't paying attention right now

Electric shavers for me, doesn't shave as close as a blade but its quicker to just buzz my dry face.

Don't let it go too long, I buzz 3 times a day, soon as it starts getting fuzzy the touch. I rinse my face with plain water afterwards. Got two types of shavers, they aren't cheap, $100 and $150--I know but when I used to shave with a blade I hated the hassle and kept putting it off and I didn't look so civilize, lol

I started with just a $40 shaver but there is a difference with the higher price units. I got both styles cause neither does a perfect job.

I wish I didn't have to shave my face but I'm not growing boobs

I used to use an electric that my wife bought me as a gift, an expensive one. I loved that thing! Then, after about a year of use, the blades got thrashed....and $70 for a new blade! It worked great for a while, then the battery got worn out. I dunno....it's hard to plunk down big coin like that for a shaver. So now I just shave in the shower, but it bums me out to think how much water I'm wasting while I shave.

My plan is to get back into another high quality electric shaver. It just makes sense and it's quicker too if you're in a rush.

Yeah you have to change the heads every 6 months to a year. Amazon has better prices then the stores.

No shaving cream and blades thou to buy--it is more expensive but its less hassle and quicker and I never nick my face. Again it just doesn't shave as close as a blade but its good enough for me.

BTW, you had me worried there for a min, I thought you might have been thinking of buying an electric car, ha ha

Doug ya left out the most important answer:

Shave as seldom as possible

Manual (3 blade) and shaving cream. Recently got tired of that, bought an electric, used it once and returned it. Too hard on the skin and terrible job on my neck. However, I have had a beard for ever, keep it neatly trimmed and shave around it.

I can't believe how expensive blades are now!! :-(

Shave? Once in a while my boss tells me "you can´t look like that out in public" then I hack off an inch with whatever tool is nearest.

I started off with the blade and cream. Got my face and neck so cut up and irritated that I had the parents buy me a nice electric for Christmas one year. The hair on my neck was so hard to get off with an electric that even that left my skin horribly irritated. So now it's a blade and shaving gel in the shower. The heat and steam from the water opens those pores up and it's a much closer shave. Plus your skin and hair is softer so it doesn't hurt as much.
Started going bald at 17 (thanks Wisconsin family genes) so now I shave my head with a razor and cream normally once a week. With my head though, I only shave with the grain. I tried shaving against the grain and it was irritated for weeks.
Now I have a good system down. But the secret is the shower. I've got to shave in the shower. I try to bring a small mirror with me on vacation or business trips just so I can keep the routine up. Can't shave my head outside the shower.

Went a while without shaving my goatee a while back. Was about mid chest. Was long enough that when I rode the bike it covered my sunglasses.

I started off with the blade and cream. Got my face and neck so cut up and irritated that I had the parents buy me a nice electric for Christmas one year. The hair on my neck was so hard to get off with an electric that even that left my skin horribly irritated.

That is why I got both types, a Braun for my neck and the smoother Norelco.

I like the Norelco better, its quieter and does the job pretty good but some places it just doesn't work too well, so then its the Braun 5 for those areas and I then buzz the rest of my face cause it does trim a bit shorter.

If I go 24 hours without shaving, its much tougher and rougher on my face. So i shave in morning, shave in evening and shave right before falling asleep. Just spend a few mins each time--the morning shave I do a better job then before going to sleep

I believe the shaving heads last longer that way too

-
Back