Electric trunk release

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
answering for the OP: yep, pull out the standard lock mechanism and bolt the electric one in place, wire it in and it's good to go (I put one in a while back- great addition to an old car:D)

yes. You can manually open it with the key. Send Me a PM and I will email some photos over, Some reason my Macbook won't let me

Would appriciate some information on the electric trunk release button location. I bought one of these off ebay and note that the lead wire, from latch to button, is only like 5 feet long. Not long enought to wire all the way to my dash from the trunck. Does anyone know the correct location to install the button for a 69 Dart? I can extend the wire, if necessary... just want it to be somewhat correct location.

Thanks for your help!

Would appriciate some information on the electric trunk release button location. I bought one of these off ebay and note that the lead wire, from latch to button, is only like 5 feet long. Not long enought to wire all the way to my dash from the trunck. Does anyone know the correct location to install the button for a 69 Dart? I can extend the wire, if necessary... just want it to be somewhat correct location.

Thanks for your help!

There is no "correct" location, as your year of car never came with them. You just have to extend the wire. I was going to mount mine in place of the cig lighter in the console.

Don't have a console?...use the cig lighter hole in the dash.

pm sent... I put one on the ragtop that you can only get to the button for when the top is down...works very well at the shows/meets.... We're putting one on Jake's 65 B'cuda and smoothing the rear panel.....

The two I had are sold. Here is a tip, The next time you are at the wrecking yard, Look at k cars, diplomats that had electric trunk releases. You need to make sure that the trunk rod is flat like the one in your a body. Need to have a 1/2 socket with you to take it out. and a set of side cutters.

The two I had are sold. Here is a tip, The next time you are at the wrecking yard, Look at k cars, diplomats that had electric trunk releases. You need to make sure that the trunk rod is flat like the one in your a body. Need to have a 1/2 socket with you to take it out. and a set of side cutters.

I have 2 for sale, if anyone needs. US$35ea + shipping from Canada.

Thanks for all your responses guys. didn't think these were an option for the 69 Dart, but validating that gives me comfort that I can put the button anywhere because there is no OEM location. BTW: I picked up my setup on ebay for about $45 delivered.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back