electric washer switch??

-

HemiPar

Reaction score
Hey all.
I am wanting to swap out the foot pump on my 71 Swinger. My plan is to put a small button switch next to the wiper switch. I have looked at local parts stores but can't find what I would like. I do not want spring loaded toggle, to big:angry7:. I have search Radio Shack on-line but can't find auto switches\buttons. Does any one know where else I can look? I was also thinking of a button like what is used on an electric trunk opener, would that work? Your thoughts or what you have done would be a great help:cheers:. Thanks.

Did you check your wiper switch to see if it supports a washer? If it pushes in and pops back out it will likely have the terminals unused on the back for the washer. If it does not support a washer it might be easy to find a used one that does just as cheap as Radio shack stuff and it would be factory.

T2R9. I have not checked my current switch. I did not think of that. I just know my car had the foot pump, so I thought the wiper switch would not have "built" in. I have to check. Thanks..

I already have the washer tank and pump.

Did you check your wiper switch to see if it supports a washer? If it pushes in and pops back out it will likely have the terminals unused on the back for the washer. If it does not support a washer it might be easy to find a used one that does just as cheap as Radio shack stuff and it would be factory.
I was thinking the same thing, my 66 Valiant was equipped with it :read2: I had a 71 dodge slant six truck I used a push button on the floor bored to hit my wiper switch with for the singe swipe of morning dues or slow drizzle rain's :happy10: I would think a trunk switch WILL work for him if his wiper switch don't have one, but I would bet it does 8)

T2R9. I have not checked my current switch. I did not think of that. I just know my car had the foot pump, so I thought the wiper switch would not have "built" in. I have to check. Thanks..

I already have the washer tank and pump.

If it don't I might have a spare, let us know.

Yup, car should be wired for it. They used the same switch and wiring harnesses.

Thanks guys. I won't be able to check till Friday. But I hope you are all correct and everthing is there. I just may have to spend some time on my back........

-
Back