Electric water pump recommendations?

-

LXguy

Reaction score
Hey All:

Looking for a small block e-pump recommendation. Would like to be able to cool a 408, and run on the street sometimes.

I have a mechanical pump and a 5.9 right now, and it barely keeps pacenow

Of course, the Proform is attractively priced, but I don't want to risk an expensive stroker motor to save a couple bucks on a water pump.

Thanks for any help or experience.

Steve

I,ve been using an Edelbrock alumi. water pump on my stroked 410sb with no cooling issues.I,ve now bought the CSR electric waterpump as I,m switching to ALL electrical from manual pumps.Trying to sqeuak every bit of HP out of my engine.LOL.Here,s a link to the electric pump I bought.http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CSI-903B/

How do they compare depth-wise to the stock pump? If I could put on a bigger E-fan, that would be awesome too.

Its weird that Summit doesn't appear to sell an Edelbock e-pump for SB Mopar.

thanks!

Sorry no pics or measurements,my engine is out of car right now.This will be in my 66 Dart early-A(less room than yours LOL)

I have a Moroso Electric water pump. Works great and easy to hook up... Oh yeah,one of the cheapest priced ones out there.

I ran a Meziere electric pump with two 12inch electric fans pulling 2600 cfm for a short time. It was good for about a half hour of cruising, the engine temp would just keep going up till it hit 210 then I would shut it down. Went back to the stock water pump and 16 inch flex fan, the engine know run between 170 and 180 at all times even idling in traffic in 90 degree temps.

-
Back