electrical adventures

-

dfish1914

Reaction score
what kind of proplem would cause all lights pulsate when you start a car. 1974 dart to be specific. has MSD . thanks

Im having almost the same problem in my 73 except mine go on and off after about 5 min. Just the headlights not the parking lamps. Ive checked all the wiring now Im down to replacing the switch. I hope that fixes the issue.

In your case it probably is the headlight switch. They have a built in, auto reset breaker. If a connection gets hot, if the switch contacts start to go bad, or if the breaker itself gets old and weak, it will cycle just like a flasher

Be sure to check that all connections on the switch are clean tight, and do not show signs of "meltage." (Which can lead to "smokage")

Im having almost the same problem in my 73 except mine go on and off after about 5 min. Just the headlights not the parking lamps. Ive checked all the wiring now Im down to replacing the switch. I hope that fixes the issue.
Mine do the same thing! I was driving home at 3am and the light went off, then on over and over. Switching high to low beam helped for a few minutes, but not entirely. I changed my high beam switch and they worked for a week and just the last time I drove it (at 3 f-ing am) it started again. Is it the headlight switch do you suppose?

Mine do the same thing! I was driving home at 3am and the light went off, then on over and over. Switching high to low beam helped for a few minutes, but not entirely. I changed my high beam switch and they worked for a week and just the last time I drove it (at 3 f-ing am) it started again. Is it the headlight switch do you suppose?

Read my post. IF you replaced the switch, AND it's a good switch, it's either something drawing too much current, or one of the connections right at the headlight switch heating up.

Read my post. IF you replaced the switch, AND it's a good switch, it's either something drawing too much current, or one of the connections right at the headlight switch heating up.

I have non stock Hella conversion headlights. I didn't upgrade the bulb wattage but suspected too much of a draw was shutting something down. I have a brand new switch in my car that I am going to install during a break in the action here at work. Tonight (at 3 f-ing am!) I will find out if that was the fix or not. If you ever drive at night, I highly recommend this conversion. The difference is like night and day. (Pun intended)

-
Back