electrical dilema

-

67ragtop

Reaction score
I have not had any lights on my car in twenty years and tonight everything lit up like a xmas tree except the Dash lights and guages. I think it is something stupid that when I got my dash redone I forgot to hook up. I got taillights,headlights, turn signals,interior lights. No dash lights, no horn unless I pull the wire off the horn. Me and jim Beam cant figure it out but I am still smiling at what was accomplised. No gas guage and no idiot lights. Tell me whats wrong......

the instrument cluster must be grounded. If it is dangling from the wires it wont work. The mounting screws go clear through the plastic bezel and ground the housing metal to metal. It wouldn't hurt to add a ground jumper wire. Same applies to the horn. The steering column must be grounded. Hope this helps

Made my own grounds. Cleaned all the contacts on the circuit board and cleaned all the bulb holders. Replaced the bulbs and the dash lights all light but are still not real bright. Could it be the riostat switch in the headlight. Does anyone know if you can still get them

you could try a new headlight switch or just bypass that reostat. The panel never was very well lighted.

-
Back