Electrical Help Needed - Big Time

-
OK, so it is fixed !!! :toothy7:

Thanks so much to everyones help, it sure helped me find the problem.
It turned out to ba a bad splice in one of the wires from the regulator. The wire to the alternator was fine, the other one had been spliced sometime in the past (before I owned it) and had come apart causing the alternator to charge fully. Such an easy troubleshoot when its expalined what to look for and you use a mutimeter.

Thanks again to everyone for the help.............now, if only someone could come up with a way to make the the lifters/rockers more quiet :banghead:
if your running a split wt. oil like 20/40 try a strate wt like 30 or 40 with STP OR lucus what kind of oil psi. does it carry? if motor was neglted befor you got it run hard and no oil changes will do it maybe time for a new pump.

if your running a split wt. oil like 20/40 try a strate wt like 30 or 40 with STP OR lucus what kind of oil psi. does it carry? if motor was neglted befor you got it run hard and no oil changes will do it maybe time for a new pump.

Oil pressure is great. The fast ramps on the cam are what makes it noisey and the roller rockers. Have to get used to it but I'll try a synthetic oil to see if it help. The motor and oil pump are brand new.

-
Back