Electrical help needed!

-

68cudanick

Reaction score
Hoping someone can help me out...

Purchased a new dash wiring harness from year one model #HU309A for my 68 cuda. I recently installed my heater box and controls without an issue. There is no wiring from the heater box to the controls, and no female connector on the new wiring harness to connect to the controls too. I have looked online and have only seen additional harnesses for A/C /heater cars. I am lost when it comes to wiring... Any suggestions on how to complete the heater wiring and/or any kits available?

Nick

You should be able to match it up with the old harness and see if there is anything else from the old harness that plugs in to the new harness. Map lights, AC wire runs to the compressor and other options are often separate. The heater resistor for the fan motor are usually in the main harness though. Can you put the old and new side by side?

Welcome to the forum, by the way.

My 69 harness had the heater wiring built into it as I remember, but the a/c harness was separate. Under hood had a main harness, a wiper harness and a transmission harness.

My Ron Francis kit didn't come with replacement wires for this but it's pretty staright forward and would be super easy to replicate with new replacement wires.
On my 67 there is one power wire from the panel (BLK), to the fan switch and two wires (Dark Green and Brown) from that same switch to the heater resistor....thats it.

Do you have a factory manual? If not go to MyMopar and download one. Photos of what you have and think you don't have would help. In other words, just exactly what is connected and what is not? There isn't much to a heat only harness, it should hook to the heater control, and to the heater motor, and the resistor (on the heater), I don't remember an in-between harness

Do you have some mystery unconnected connectors?

Top two wires on the back of fan switch go to heater box (resistor), bottom is 12v in
20200326_205623.jpg

20200326_205623.jpg

Last edited:
Year one harness only provides the fused hot wire which is a single female spade as your power wire.
The sub harness that runs your heater switch and blower etc, you have to unpin from the original harness and repin to the power wire t hff at comes with the new harness.

The dash harnesses are not labelled A/C or NON A/C for a reason. The dash harnesses use the same feed wire for both. Your climate control sub harness is what makes it A/C or heat/defrost.

-
Back