Electrical issues

-

Cfuzz987

Reaction score
I am currently restoring a 74 dart sport. It is a 318 and 4 speed. I recently put in the rebuilt engine with the original harness and all new electronic pieces. The harness was good when I pulled it off, but now I can't get it to start. Electronics is my weakest area of expertise so any help is welcome and yes there is a brand new battery and yes it was hooked up.

might have a electronic piece new that is bad ???? i bought 5 voltage regulators before going out to my old pick up truck taking it off an solved my problem this new stuff is( crap ) china or mexico built B/S ..... when are going to start make stuff in america again ???????????????????

74 model has seatbelt interlock circuit that will prevent start.

Theres a starter relay on the left inner fender. the yellow wire on that relay gets power from the ignition switch in the start position only. If there is a unused terminal on that relay it is for a automatic trans. That teminal would supply a ground through the neutral saftey switch in on auto trans. With a 4 speed and no safety switch at clutch pedal , ground that extra terminal.

-
Back