Electrical problens

-

dartcuda1

67 Barracuda 500ci 6sp
Reaction score
I have a MSD ditital 6. I hooked the pos on wire to the coil pos wire. The car ran fine. Problems started when I up graded the voltage regulator. I have power when the key is on run but no power to the coil when the key is at the start position. Any help Please. Mark

This is the old "ballast resistor bypass." You need to hook the ballast resistor wires together. In actuality, if you ran the "big red" straight to a battery source, such as the starter relay stud, you could actually have left the ballast in place and wired the coil + wire to the small red.

The thing is the "run" wire goes dead when the key is twisted to "start." The only ignition power is the bypass circuit, IGN2. It is a brown wire comes off the ign switch, through the bulkhead, and originally to the coil + side of the ballast.

This is the old "ballast resistor bypass." You need to hook the ballast resistor wires together. In actuality, if you ran the "big red" straight to a battery source, such as the starter relay stud, you could actually have left the ballast in place and wired the coil + wire to the small red.

The thing is the "run" wire goes dead when the key is twisted to "start." The only ignition power is the bypass circuit, IGN2. It is a brown wire comes off the ign switch, through the bulkhead, and originally to the coil + side of the ballast.

Thanks for the advise. I figered it out right after i wrote the post. I forgot about Ign 2 wire and when I hooked the small red wire up direct the car ran That's when it poped in my head. Thanks for your info. Mark

-
Back