Electrical Trouble

-
I drove it last night with no problems. I am going to jack it up today and run it through the gears and watch from underneath to see if the rods are hitting the harness in any way. I will let you guys know. Thanks for all your help.

Went to the gas station this morning.Shut her off put gas in her and you guess it nothing. She would not turn over. Jumped her at the starter relay and she fired right up????

sounds like we have the same problem, except my car won't start when I jump the relay.

might be a worn out ignition switch.

have you checked to make sure all plug ins and terminals are corrosion free and that they fit tight and have dielectric grease on them?

just a thought

The following are new: Ignition switch, battery, Battery Cables, Voltage reg,Starter relay, Altenator, Starter and Coil. I think when at the tranny shop they adjusted the rods on the tran and now the nuetral safety switch is out of alignment. What do you guys think?????

Put in new nuetral safety switch and nothing. i even adjusted the shifter rods. Nothing. Someone tell what the hell is up with this thing.

find anything out yet? I'll be starting on my wiring again in the morning, so hopefully I can get it figured out, and drive the damn thing.

I had a very similar issue, I could get it to start when I jumped the starter relay. Mine turned out that the main power feed (red wire with fusable link) was messed up at the bulk head connector.

I had a very similar issue, I could get it to start when I jumped the starter relay. Mine turned out that the main power feed (red wire with fusable link) was messed up at the bulk head connector.

As mentioned here, check your bulkhead connector!

-
Back