Electronic Distributor wiring

-

blmopar1

Reaction score
I have a ols school points distributor in my 68 barracuda and bought a used electronic dist. I need to find out how it should be wired into the car. Thanks

I put in a petronix system and bought a brand new harness for electronic ignition. Thinking that was what I needed because the petronix system converts points to electronic ignition. I cannot use the harness if your interested PM me.

The cheapo way to do it is to find a 1972 V8 car with electronic ignition. Electronic ignition was optional during the 1st half of the 1972 model year, so the electronic ignition wiring harness was separate from the main wiring harness that year.

Electronic ignition was a $25 option back then. That was a bargain, even then.

You need the ECU box and the wiring harness that plugs into it to do the swap. You can buy just the harness from Mancini, and the ECU also. You would splice the blue wire into the ballast resistor hot/ on side of the ballast wiring. The harness comes with all of the instructions. A very easy swap. The distributor just plugs right in to the harness. Get yourself the harness and the ECU and it's a done deal. Of course you'll want to upgrade the alternator next, and the voltage regulator too to boost the juice to the ECU. The old alternator puts out minimal power for this upgrade. Good luck with your project, Geof

Thanks for the responses.I already hahe the harness ,distributor,and realy.I'm not sure how to wire it into the car.

ecudia.jpg

electronic%20ign%20conversion%5B1%5D...2.jpg

-
Back