Elgin Roller Timing Sets for Slant-6 - NOW AVAILABLE

-

csheehy

^Yup, that's me
Reaction score
Elgin 3-Piece Roller Timing Sets for Slant-6 Engines are now available as a single part number, 3-piece kit from Monster Engine Parts. >>CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS<<

Previously only available individually, from wholesalers, the team at Monster put this kit together with Liberty Engine Parts for a slantsix.org member - then made it an available kit for all.

No coupons, promo codes, limited offers, or group purchase - just click & buy (shipping is free). This is a real-deal bolt-on-and-go kit with zero installation hassles like some other roller kits.​
X0vQW.jpg

Last edited:
yeah I saw it on .org.... NOW something like this shows up.... I hunted and hunted for a double roller setup for mine.... finally got the pieces to put it all together...
NORS Cloyes and MP components (For all I know, the MP cam gear probably was made by Cloyes too) I wouldn't have thought this would have been the "big deal" it was, being as how the crank sprocket and the chain are the same as a Mopar Big block and I think some (ugh-gasp--) Chevy big blocks took the same T chain as well???
so all that would really be different would be the cam sprocket/ and for what its worth, there are 2 different ones for a Mopar big block already.... single bolt and 3 bolt. so why was it such an ordeal to make a cam sprocket for a slant that was compatible, when they had the other sprocket (the one that goes on the crank) and the chain already in the parts bin, for those other applications? The Mopar BB is just as obsolete as a slant, and in fact has been out of production for longer--- yet parts are still easier to get in general, for a big block.
Makes NO sense to me.

yeah I saw it on .org.... NOW something like this shows up.... I hunted and hunted for a double roller setup for mine.... finally got the pieces to put it all together...

Sorry the timing didn't work out for you, it took a couple weeks to string together... next one! Or perhaps you can pass the good word.

Back in 2012 I did a deal like this with Cloyes. Matched double roller timing set for the slant six. If I remember correctly, the price was in between $85 and $90 dollars.

yeah, kind of the story of my life.....
I actually originally got a used (but not very!) factory Mopar BB double roller set from an old retired machinist, that Id discovered on CL, because I was interested in a set of brand new but old, BB lifters for my son's 440 that he had for sale.
Got the timing chain set as an "oh by the way" kind of thing, while I was headed out the door, after buying that set of lifters from him. I was just gonna find me a new double roller /6 cam sprocket "somewhere". I lucked out on the cam sprocket from Feebay, an NOS Mopar one (really a Cloyes?) on feebay for a good deal. originally I was gonna try the new cam sprocket with the slightly used crank sprocket and chain from the old machinist guy...
Then (just 6 weeks or so ago) I was on Rock Auto looking for something else, and basically tripped across a matching Cloyes crank sprocket (they listed it as "last one they had") for a price that was too good to pass up, so I looked to see what chains (only) they might have and found the one I got, listed among the BB parts... wound up with a Cloyes double roller set for a total of about $75ish all brand new, but old.... so I'm covered on this build. Have to keep this deal in mind in case the kid winds up needing a T chain set for his slant....

Last edited:
I'm glad someone else is offering them, but like I said on Facebook, you'd think for 11 bucks, they couldda made the crank gear with multiple keyways. I can get a Rollmaster/JP set with the nine keyway crank gear cheaper. .......but again, I'm still super glad it's being offered. You know us car guys always gotta have somethin to ***** about. LOL

I'm with you Rob... I've already asked for a crank gear option. All I can do is try my best :/

That's right! And there's NO reason they wouldn't want to be competitive. Did you mention the Rollmaster/JP option to them? That might be some motivation. lol

@RustyRatRod it seems Elgin does offer a "keyed" roller timing set (SS-3104) for a '68 383, where the crank sprocket should fit. So, as long as the sprocket teeth profiles match, we might have options. Albeit, 3 instead of 9 options, but just the same. Only available as a matched set, I'll reach out to them for individual part info...

Mopar in general is but 3% of the performance market, we'll have to sell a few of these I'd think, before expecting more collaboration. Thoughts?

Last edited:
@RustyRatRod it seems Elgin does offer a "keyed" roller timing set (SS-3104) for a '68 383, where the crank sprocket should fit. So, as long as the sprocket teeth profiles match, we might have options. Albeit, 3 instead of 9 options, but just the same. Only available as a matched set, I'll reach out to them for individual part info...

Mopar in general is but 3% of the performance market, we'll have to sell a few of these I'd think, before expecting more collaboration. Thoughts?

-
Back