Eliminating AC & connecting heater only on a Slant six

-

Mopar King

Beginner / Need of Help
Reaction score
Right now Im trying to finsh building my '74 Plymouth Scamp which is mostly alot of small pieces. I decided to tackle the AC/Heater box unit since its in the way of my wiring. I don't want the AC portion back in my car so i took it apart and now only have the heater portion back on the car.

Now my question is :

do i need to take the heater resistor out of the AC box?
what does it do exactly?
where would it go?
can I eliminate any unnecessary wires /rubber air hoses?

I think the green wire goes connected to the blower motor but
I found a blue wire and was wondering what is its function?

here are some pictures, I hope my pictures help.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 150
  • 4.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 136
  • 3.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 138
  • 2.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 132
  • 1.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 140
I'm kind of curious how you managed to get only the heater setup without all the ac junk. My AC stuff is all gone from the engine bay, and I took the heater box out, and the vent assembly, but most of the rest is still under the dash. I was thinking I needed to just rip it all out and put an aftermarket heater in. I'd like to see a writeup on how to get the heat in without all the bulky ac stuff.

You can not do away with the resistor, it is what gives you the low and medium speeds on blower motor. It needs to stay where it is so that the air flow from heater/AC operation will keep it cool. Removing it from the air flow would cause it to over heat and maybe start a fire.

can't I put it somewhere else or built something since the AC core isn't in the way of the fan?

-
Back