Emblem nut sealer

-

Syleng1

Karma is real and Life is short...
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
image.jpg
anyone know what is the proper sealer to use behind the sheet metal nuts on mopars?

I’m getting ready to install my brand new PLYMOUTH letters on the 66 Barracuda and of course Layson’s does not tell me I need new nuts. (Ordered letters 2 years ago, my fault for not checking I guess)
Anyhow, I can reuse the old nuts, but after scraping out a black tar like substance I’m thinking silicon is not a good choice. Maybe the strip caulk (aka: monkey $h/t)
I guess I can order the new nuts- just hate to wait a week for parts... or more.
Joe

View attachment 1715308679 anyone know what is the proper sealer to use behind the sheet metal nuts on mopars?

I’m getting ready to install my brand new PLYMOUTH letters on the 66 Barracuda and of course Layson’s does not tell me I need new nuts. (Ordered letters 2 years ago, my fault for not checking I guess)
Anyhow, I can reuse the old nuts, but after scraping out a black tar like substance I’m thinking silicon is not a good choice. Maybe the strip caulk (aka: monkey $h/t)
I guess I can order the new nuts- just hate to wait a week for parts... or more.
Joe
3M strip caulk is the old school stuff. It's what I would use.

I use a dot of black RTV on each post.

That’s what I have done with top of quarter panel trim also with no leaks for years.

-
Back