emblems

-

73VAswngr

Reaction score
Is there a trick to removing/replacing emblems? The previous owner of my swinger filled the holes for the "dart" emblems on the fenders...can i just drill them out and put new ones in? I'm also trying to win some new "swinger" emblems. How do you get the olkd ones out? What do you need to keep the new ones in? Thanks for the help!

drilling those holes out can be kind of dicey if the previous owner filled them with plastic filler. go slow so you don't blow out the hole and take a big chip out of the paint. another alternative you might consider is leaving the holes filled and attaching the new dart emblem with adhesive. all you have to do is grind off the studs on the emblem and be careful not to get adhesive everywhere. i had great results with that approach. most newer cars have badging attached this way so i can't see why it would hurt anything.
as long as you're not restoring it to original...that is.

the emblems are held in by a little plastic sleeve. you can get them at places like westco, or just glue them on and not have holes

Drill out using a much smaller bit than the hole. Then put a piece of masking tape over the hole you just drilled and start working up in drill bit size. The masking tape helps prevent spalling (taking a bigger chunk of paint out than you intend.)

-
Back