Emergency Flashers in a '66 cuda ?

-

Dfnsmn34

Margarita Mike
Reaction score
Aloha Fabo! Can anyone fill me in on the details of the emergency flasher setup on a 66 barracuda?

The reason I ask is...I just a got a repopped Owners manual and reading through it, it shows a switch on the left bottom of the dash marked "flasher". Near the emergency break light and handle.

But...mine doesn't have one! So my question is...was this an option in 66? Or did all cars come with it? (Flasher switch).

I'd imagine I could add this....once I find the parts/items. Or does the car need to come from the factory pre-wired for the emergency flasher setup?

Any help is appreciated!
Mahalo!:cheers:

It was an option. The bezel was chrome and shaped exactly like the map light or rear speaker bezel. The harness for it was an extra harness that plugged into the steering column connector and main harness connector. I've got 2 or 3 NOS harnesses specifically for adding a flasher, plus made one for a 65 Coronet with a hidden switch.

It was an option. The bezel was chrome and shaped exactly like the map light or rear speaker bezel. The harness for it was an extra harness that plugged into the steering column connector and main harness connector. I've got 2 or 3 NOS harnesses specifically for adding a flasher, plus made one for a 65 Coronet with a hidden switch.

Mahalo Guys!
Ok. Next questions! SO if it was an option. Did the factory harness have the means to install? Or was it a special harness? (I guess i mean, all 66 harness are the same, the factory would just install the option..i.e. Plug and Play!)

BIG question!
Anyone want to sell the parts needed to add this option to my 66?

Aloha Mike!
:cheers:

Mahalo Guys!
Ok. Next questions! SO if it was an option. Did the factory harness have the means to install? Or was it a special harness? (I guess i mean, all 66 harness are the same, the factory would just install the option..i.e. Plug and Play!)

The 66 main underdash harnesses were all the same. The flasher harness was an auxillary harness like a map light harness. To connect a flasher harness, one unplugged the steering column harness, plugged the male plug of the flasher harness into the female of the steering column and the female plug of the flasher harness into the male plug of the dash harness (might be reverse but you get the idea). Run the hot from the flasher to the fuse box and install the switch. Basically a plug and play.

BIG question!
Anyone want to sell the parts needed to add this option to my 66?
Aloha Mike

I don't think I have enough harnesses for all of my cars but will take a look. I know I only have 2 of the early chrome bezels that say flasher and believe they were a one year only item as I "think" in 67 the switch was added to the dash where the light and wiper wee located (but still an option). Might have one of those but will have to check.

Yea! Sweet! I do follow you. (Sounds similar to my 71 duster trunk lamp harness installation)

I just PM'ed 66340sedan. He was selling the bezel about six months back. I'll see where that goes.

Thanks for the help. Let me know, when you get a chance at what you find...it is appreciated!
Aloha!

BTW I was just in your area last month! Emmitsburg PA...

I just PM'ed 66340sedan. He was selling the bezel about six months back. I'll see where that goes.

Dang hate to be the bearer of bad news but I was the one who bought that Flasher bezel!

Learn something everyday, I may add flashers to mine but I wasn't thinking there was a factory option. It wouldn't be hard to do and I was just going tohide a switch under the dash. That cool.

-
Back