EMG Test

-

ABodyBetty

Reaction score
Well tomorrow I get the dreaded EMG test on my nerves. Hey wait I don't need to go I should tell him my nerves are already shot, I live with 64dart170. LOL! Just kidding. Anyway I couldn't resist. I have been reading about the test, big mistake. I guess they take several needles and put them in your skin and send some electric charge and it measure something. It also said I would be sore for several days. This is just great because I have to go shopping for clothes for my new position at work which I start on Monday. I am hoping it won't be that bad. Luckily I have the great guy going with me for support. The only thing I haven't found out it whether I get the results tomorrow or not. I hope so. I have been waiting a long time to find out what is wrong with me. Hopefully it is just something that can be fixed easily and not surgery. I don't know what he is going to say about me having minimal bulging disc in all of lower vertebrae. Wish me luck!!

Hate Doctors, but GOOD LUCK!
I hope they get your nerves and ailments all in check and they make you feel like a spring chick!!!!

your not the only one .im going to the cardiologist tomorrow.ive had some recent things happen,and im in the same boat as you....wanting to know what the hell is wrong .i hope its something minor for both of us.good luck with your test.im sure youll do fine. stay strong...

Relax and stay cool, I have had that test 5 or 6 times and it don't hurt, the last time I fell asleep. You will be OK

I had the nerve conductivity test in my legs. The bad one I never felt the needle. When they got to the good leg, I almost jumped off the table.
As for pain for a few days, I didn't experience that. I was fine after the test and it didn't slow me down any. It's a little uncomfortable; but not unbearable.

Good luck with that, I've never even heard of the procedure. Seems to have varying discomfort from the few here that have had it, I hope yours is like Poppabears and you just breeze through :-D

The test was over. Bearable but not the most pleasant thing I have had done. He hit a few tender spots in me hand and neck area. My nerves were just fine but he did diagnosis me with fibromylagia. Give me some free samples to try in case he has to change the RX. Also told me to get back to walking and that me changing job positions was a good move.

I have been around some people with Fibromylagia, seems like most of them handle it OK. I hope it's something that doesn't get worse on you! Good news about the job change. How do you feel about his findings, are you happy with them or do you feel like another opinion?

I don't especially like Dr's!

I have been around some people with Fibromylagia, seems like most of them handle it OK. I hope it's something that doesn't get worse on you! Good news about the job change. How do you feel about his findings, are you happy with them or do you feel like another opinion?

I don't especially like Dr's!

I am ok with the decision. I could think of things that could be worse. He could have told me it was my nerves in my should and back. That could have led to surgery and who knows what else. So I will just follow his orders and take my pills and get back to walking.

Had the test in 01. No big deal. It identified spinal cord chafing/damage from an eroding #4 neck bone. Neck bone was fused and I've been good to go.

-
Back