Empty garage.

-
I can relate to the car vs family situation. I've had hobby cars off and on since the early 60's. I've always tried to put the family first, but it's a tough call. Our hobby has become quite expensive within the last few years, which makes it even tougher. Glad to hear you will still be around with good advice. Howard

Join the club AdamR!! You have made the right decision I am sure.
It has been a long time for me, But I hope that will change soon.
You have a great family and I know that you will be fine.

It would be a good time to paint your floor.;-)

Thanks on your build I did learn allot. sorry to here it had to go.

isn't change usually for the better? i hope to see you back in a cuda or dart or something like that. maybe that car wasn't meant to be. when the time is right, a good deal will pop up. i used to have about 5 projects going on at once, but couldn't afford to do alot to any of them, just smal stuff to keep 'em runnin'. now just 1, until its complete, then maybe something else.

My new resto project is my bank account and credit. I will totally restoring them from the ground up.

Hopefully, you have a good foundation (bank account) to start with and don't have to tackle too much rust (credit). :happy2:

Time lost rebuiling a car can always be regained. Think of the knowledge that you'll gain in the time off. I was a better mechanic, engine builder and body man at 30 vs. 20 and at 40 vs. 30. Now I'm 41 and I've still learned since 40!

But, you can never be a better father to your kids than right now. These are their formative years and they and you will never forget the time spent together. Your car won't suprise you years down the road with baby mopars, a big bear hug or an unexpected bithday party. Your kids will. The car can wait. :smile:

Now I've told my fiance that "we'll get married when the Ramcharger is done", but it should be completed by this spring. Our situation is different though because we need the truck to get her race cars back from Kansas and to move to a new house, she is an automotive technician and understands my sickness (LOL!) and were not living togther yet. I spend 8 to 10 hours a day at work during the week, spend another 4 to 6 hours a day on the truck and spend the weekend with my family and dogs. It's a killer schedule but in the long run, it'll be worth it in the end......Then I'm gonna build an A-Body!! LOL! :evil4:

Adam, I wasn't planning on charging you the shipping. Maybe someday you can help me out with a part.

Billy's Motor (Small).JPG

-
Back