Enderle mechanical fuel injection, on the street?

-
Thanks forbthe heads up about mega squirt, I had forgot about them.

What makes u say there a better product?

Megasquirt is a DIY system. In fact it started out soldering the boards together. You can now buy them either way, assembled or not.

The good about MS is that it's VERY configurable and versatile, the bad is you have to "do it yourself." They are however reasonably priced

I've read some on using EFI with ITB system, and there's a lot of "ifs." You don't HAVE an intake manifold with "8 stack" , so there's nothing there for a vacuum signal. I saw at least one project where the builder essentially built an intake plenum, IE interconnecting all the throttle bodies into a "can" to provide a vacuum "pot."

Some say the way to do it is to NOT to us a map sensor, (speed density) or maybe, NO map sensor, and instead tune it instead with Alpha N

You can't use MAF (mass air flow) as there's no way to get "mass" air flow

This leaves "Alpha N" which can be used but is not as sophisticated. Somewhere I read that the Holley HP series computers can be cnfigured to run Alpha N part of the time and speed density part of the time

If you review the (damn little) tech info that came out of the "Blasphemi" project, I think there was a mention in there about getting enough vacuum signal for the MAP

I have some experience with constant flow mechanical fuel injection. Both stacks and blown. Like the other poster said (I ain't gonna call him big dummy cause he ain't) they aren't to streetable. But if your truely hard-core its doable. The good. Stacks can give unbelievable throttle response. Zero intake restriction. All cylinders can run the same. Move the torque curve a lot by changing stack height. Instant start up and solid idle,hot or cold,with a twist of the key. The bad. No accelerater pump. Hence the rich idle and part throttle. Its always running pump-shot rich. Alky is much more forgiving of being rich. You can always lean it out manually for steady state running. Lots of other details. Plenty to learn. But if your hard-core,unbelievable performance can be had.

I have some experience with constant flow mechanical fuel injection. Both stacks and blown. Like the other poster said (I ain't gonna call him big dummy cause he ain't) they aren't to streetable. But if your truely hard-core its doable. The good. Stacks can give unbelievable throttle response. Zero intake restriction. All cylinders can run the same. Move the torque curve a lot by changing stack height. Instant start up and solid idle,hot or cold,with a twist of the key. The bad. No accelerater pump. Hence the rich idle and part throttle. Its always running pump-shot rich. Alky is much more forgiving of being rich. You can always lean it out manually for steady state running. Lots of other details. Plenty to learn. But if your hard-core,unbelievable performance can be had.

Friend Tommy's relatively mild 340 with Hilborns and his own home brewed EFI. He drives it everywhere and its dead nuts reliable.
He's a pretty smart fellow!

Attachments

• autofest 041.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 102
  • autofest 039.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 99
Thanks forbthe heads up about mega squirt, I had forgot about them.

What makes u say there a better product?

I very much like the idea of the holly self learning ecu and we know a holly tech.. 80 bucks an hour..

I will be calling mega squirt and alkydigger on monday and asking more questions.

Thank you again.
From what I remember the Enderle system was designed around it being tuned by a guy who only knew constant flow injection systems, so the designed-in tuning approach was much like that. It left a LOT that EFI is capable of on the table. That in my mind makes the MS system a better system; but it really depends on what you're familiar with, how much you're willing to stretch around something new, and what you want out of the engine.

-
Back